Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Am Thankful

On Monday, Frank and I will celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. A great deal has happened over these last 12 months, and at the end of it all, all I can say to God is: "Thank you".

Thank you for my wonderful husband, who helps me through my struggles, both physical, spiritual, and emotional. He teaches me to be a better person by lovingly (although firmly) revealing to me how often I delude myself into thinking I'm perfect, when in fact I am FAR from it. And even though I am so far from perfect, he stands by my side no matter what mess I've gotten myself into this time.

Thank you for my beautiful house, which, though trying at times, keeps us warm and sheltered. As our major housing projects finally are coming to an end, we are beginning to be able to open our house more and more to our friends, practice hospitality, and create an environment in which we feel surrounded by God, His saints, and the Church.

Thank you for my family who is close by, and my parents who are supportive; for my father, without whose handyman experience our house would never be in the shape it is now; for my mother, who teaches me daily about the little trials of running a household that I had never realized before; for my brother, who is growing up so much, and inspires me to be a better sister and friend; and for my sister, who although far away, daily gives me opportunities to grow into a better, more loving person.

Thank you for my loving church community, with friends who help and support my spiritual growth. Thank you for the opportunities to serve God through singing and teaching Sunday school, as well as through service to my community. Thank you for our priest who teaches us as often as he can, through word and deed, the Truth of the Gospel.

Thank you for my employment, which is hard to come by these days, especially for new teachers. The staff I work with is supporting and helpful, they pay for me to continue my education, and the students appear hard working and earnest.

I could go on and on, and please don't get the impression that I am boasting. For, most honestly, none of these "accomplishments" are in any way shape or form of my own efforts or abilities. My gratitude stems from the sure knowledge that my husband, my house, my family, my parish community, my job, all stem from the One Good and Loving God who knows what I need at this moment in my life, and knows that I may need different things as life moves on (only He knows what is coming next). I can only trust that, no matter what turns this path of life may take, He will provide for me and my family what we need to grow closer to Him.

That is why I want to take this opportunity to express my thankfulness for everyone and everything God has brought into my life; without them, I would be a far sadder person. I pray God will bless the year ahead with His love and peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment