Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Capturing vs. Permeating

A note from Frank...

I just realized something very important I want you to help me always to remember.


I have been focused so much on trying to collect and capture Orthodox sayings, thoughts, and books, that I have not allowed it to permeate me.

This comes from my habit / job where I collect and capture requirements.

But what the danger is .. is that I could collect all these ideas and capture them down on paper and it becomes a science, a formulae, and a madness of trying to describe God within a box.

What I refuse to do is to ...let it go. To let it enter my heart and not be anxious about forgetting the saying or writing it down so I don't forget. God gives me bread crumbs when I need them.

I have a habit of saving everything... thinking that if I don't save it now what will I do in the future?... I have forgotten about God's provision to spiritually feed me... to provide those coincidences of finding spiritual morsels when I am struggling with that exact same issue.

Anyways.. just thought I would share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment