Friday, March 13, 2009

A new beginning...

During my stay in Santiago, Chile last semester, I was an avid blogger. I earnestly tried to keep friends and family posted with my goings on, as well as a fair share of pictures. Upon my return to "the States" however, I completely forgot about how useful a blog is in keeping in touch with others and with sharing stories in general.

So, in anticipation of a new beginning in my life (Frank and I will be married on July 12), I have decided to begin this blog in order to share our stories and reflections.

Providentially, we Orthodox Christians are also in the period of Great Lent. Lent proves to be a perfect time for reflection, thus I hope my blog entries will fully encompass the greatness of this period of the year, with all of the bright sorrow that it brings: repentance, growing closer to God, asceticism, and finally, the blessed Pascha!

~Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment